Shingles Vaccine Study
About 1 out of every 3 people in the United States will develop shingles, also known as herpes zoster, in their lifetime. An estimated 1 million people get shingles each year in this country. If you’ve ever had chickenpox, you can get shingles. Even children can get shingles. Your risk of shingles increases as you get older.
- AMR Knoxville is currently seeking generally healthy volunteers to participate in a clinical research study of an investigational vaccine for prevention of shingles.
- Be a healthy adult 50 and older in order to receive the investigational Herpes Zoster (Shingles) vaccine
- Have no history of shingles
- Never received a herpes zoster (shingles) vaccine, such as Shingrix or Zostavax
- Have completed the COVID-19 vaccination series
- Meet other study criteria
If you qualify and participate, you will receive:
- All study-related medical care at no cost
- Lab tests
- Investigational vaccine or placebo
Compensation is available for time and travel up to $1,040. Insurance is not required.
If you are interested, please fill out the form and we will contact you or contact a member of our recruitment team at 865-305-DRUG (3784).